Adolph G. Rosengarten, Jr., a 1930 graduate of the Penn Law School, capped a lifetime of devotion to the Penn Library with an extraordinary bequest: the $8.5 million Rosengarten Fund.
In establishing this trust, Dr. Rosengarten continued a family tradition of service and generosity to the University in general and the Library in particular. His mother, Christine Penrose Rosengarten, was a consistent supporter of the Library. Joseph Rosengarten, his uncle, served as Chair of the Library Committee early in this century and was also a generous donor.
Dr. Rosengarten established the Rosengarten Reserve Room, a vital service to undergraduates, in honor of his father, a member of the Class of 1892. Later he created the Rosengarten Computer Laboratory. (Although he claimed not to understand them, Dr. Rosengarten recognized the important role of computers and the need for students to access them.)
The Rosengarten International Fund was created to help the library meet the needs of expanding programs in international relations and area studies.
Dr. Rosengarten was a lifelong scholar, loyal alumnus, and discerning philanthropist, who will be remembered for generations to come at the Penn Library.
Materials purchased through this fund include:
- Early Arabic Printed books from the British Library, 1475-1900 [electronic resource]
- ProQuest History Vault. Papers of the NAACP [electronic resource].
- Sage knowledge [electronic resource].
- Classical scores library [electronic resource].
- State Papers Online: Eighteenth Century, 1714-1782. Part II: State Papers Foreign - Low Countries and Germany [electronic resource]
- See additional titles purchased through this fund