The Christine Hikawa Fund was established in 2007 through a gift from Penn Libraries’ Overseer, Christine Hikawa, Esq., CW’73, and supports acquisitions for Penn Libraries in all disciplines and formats.
Christine graduated cum laude with a Bachelor of Arts from Penn and received her Juris Doctor from Columbia University School of Law in 1976 as a Harlan Fiske Stone Scholar. After serving as a law associate at the New York firm of Hardee, Barovik, Konecky and Braun, she joined the legal department of the ABC-Owned and Operated Stations, then became director of legal and business affairs for ABC Sports and was promoted to vice president of broadcast standards and practices for the ABC Television Network, until she retired in 2000. In 1999, Hikawa and her husband, David Windreich, adopted twin girls from China. She is active in her community’s Rock Ridge Association Board, Chinese Language School of Connecticut, and Greenwich Academy. She is chair of the board of directors of the YWCA of Greenwich. In addition to working on several Penn and Columbia reunion committees, she has been a member of the Trustees’ Council of Penn Women since 1991 and served as its chair from 2000-2003. She joined the Penn Libraries Board of Overseers in June 2008.
- Antike geschnittene Steine von Ägypten bis Afghanistan Fritz Mamier ; mit Texten von Barbara Deppert-Lippitz ; von der Mamier Kulturstiftung herausgegeben - Stiftung zur Förderung der interkulturellen Verständigung
- Flitzen - verstecken - überleben? : Hilfe für jüdische Verfolgte 1941-1945 : Geschichten, Quellen, Kontroverse
- Israel Landauer - ein Leben für Gerabronn : eine Würdigung anlässlich des 100sten Todestags
- La mystique du judaïsme et le yoga du courant son : essai
- Fontana and Chopin in letters
- See additional titles purchased through this fund