Delphine Okie Richardson was a librarian at the University of Pennsylvania from 1921 to 1972. She began her career in the old main library located in the Furness Building, then relocated to Van Pelt in 1962. Mrs. Richardson was head of the reserve department from 1941 to 1949, and interlibrary loan librarian from 1949 to 1972, obtaining materials from around the country--and the world--for Penn's scholars.
Mrs. Richardson's family and friends established this fund for reference materials in her honor and continue their support today, enriching a fund that provides resources in perpetuity for Penn's scholars.
Materials purchased through this fund include:
- Your creative brain [electronic resource] : seven steps to maximize imagination, productivity, and innovation in your life
- Oxford dictionary of proverbs
- Encyclopedic guide to American intentional communities
- Nouveau dictionnaire historique des locutions : ancien français, moyen français, renaissance
- America in the world, 1776 to the present : a supplement to the Dictionary of American history
- See additional titles purchased through this fund