Ellis D. Williams, College 1865 and Law 1869, established this fund in 1923. One of the first Philadelphia lawyers to develop title insurance law, he was regarded as one of the foremost real estate experts in the area.
Upon his death in 1928, his bequest added to his unrestricted Library fund, which today continues to help provide resources for the Penn community.
Materials purchased through this fund include:
- Green book
- History of ecumenical movement in North East India : with special reference to the North East India Christian Council
- Ḥāshiyat al-ʻālim al-ʻallāmah Shaykh al-Islām al-Shaykh Ibrāhīm al-Bījūrī al-musammāh Taḥqīq al-maqām ʻalá Kifāyat al-ʻawāmm fī ʻilm al-kalām li-shaykhihi al-Shaykh Muḥammad al-Faḍalī
- Imārat Anṭākiyah : dirāsah fī ʻalāqatihā al-siyāsīyah bi-al-quwá al-Islāmīyah (491-666 H/1098-1268 M)
- In a burning sea : contemporary Afrikaans poetry in translation : an anthology
- See additional titles purchased through this fund