In 1989 the parents of James Howard Weiss, B.A. 1967, established this fund in his memory. The fund supports the purchase of books and other materials for the Rare Book & Manuscript Library at Penn.
Their generosity also established the James Howard Weiss Memorial Scholarship Fund and the James Howard Weiss Memorial Award Fund.
Over the years gifts such as this have played an important role in the growth and success of the University of Pennsylvania Library, benefiting future generations in perpetuity.
Materials purchased through this fund include:
- Apitii Celii De re coquinaria libri decem.
- Catalogue of books and periodicals published and for sale by the Industrial Publication Co., 176 Broadway, New York.
- George E. Blake letter to John F. Frueauff, 1819.
- Catalogue of the Mount Pleasant Baptist Sunday School Library, Providence, R.I., 1890.
- Les féés : contes des contes
- Catalogue of the Sunday School Library of the Dwight Place Church, New Haven.
- Books printed or sold by William Leake at the sign of the Crown in Fleetstreet, between the two Temple-Gates.
- [Advertising circulars F.D. Linn New Jersey Reports, Jersey City, New Jersey (two circulars)].
- Catalogue of library of Jerusalem Evangelical Lutheran Sunday School of Schwenksville.
- Eclectic educational series. June 1st, 1875. Wilson, Hinkle & Co.'s special price-list.
- Catalogue of the Pratt Free School Library : by titles and by authors. North Middleboro, Mass. March, 1890.
- See additional titles purchased through this fund