The Michael K. Schaefer Fund was established by Michael K. Schaefer, W’65 WG’66, to support acquisitions of interdisciplinary materials, an area that resonates very personally for Mike. In his undergraduate years the idea of interdisciplinary studies among different schools within the University was very much alive, although not in the formal sense as it is now. As a Wharton undergraduate he had the opportunity to take a number of courses in the College, many of which were rich and rewarding and have served him well to this day.
Through this fund, Mike is happy to assist the Penn Libraries and at the same time support the University’s commitment to interdisciplinary studies.
Materials purchased through this fund include:
- YeÌ sÌu Intyayil jiÌ viccirunnu
- Lisario, o, Il piacere infinito delle donne : romanzo
- Martin Buber : eine erste Begegnung
- Andata e (non) ritorno : la letteratura dello sterminio fra storia e narrazione
- Migrazioni, diaspore e complessità : il caso degli Ebrei, dei Sikh e dei Palestinesi
- See additional titles purchased through this fund