Established in 2012, The Maryann B. Sudo, CW’63 & John B. Baxter, Jr. Fund supports acquisitions in the field of American History at the University of Pennsylvania Libraries.
A long-time friend and supporter of the Penn Libraries, Maryann served on the Libraries Board of Overseers from 1999-2009. She is an active alumna of the University of Pennsylvania, where she is a charter member of the Trustees’ Council of Penn Women, and has served on the Class of 1963 Reunion Gift Committee for over a decade. Maryann retired in 2012 after a long career with JP Morgan Chase where she was a Managing Director in the investment banking subsidiary. She is also a member of the Board of Directors of Pro Mujer, a non-profit organization which makes micro-loans to the economically disadvantaged women in Bolivia, Peru, Nicaragua, and Mexico.
Maryann resides between Manhattan and rural Pennsylvania.
Materials purchased through this fund include:
- 1920 : the year that made the decade roar
- Owning New Jersey : historic tales of war, property disputes & the pursuit of happiness
- Patriotic League [graphic]
- That liberty shall not perish from the earth - Buy liberty bonds [graphic] : Fourth Liberty Loan
- See additional titles purchased through this fund